Jacques Steyn performs as soloist, as musician, in cabaret, in bands (from folk and rock to blues and jazz), in orchestras, choirs, and as cast member in theatre shows. This year Jacques released an Afrikaans album Sluit dit oop in the genre is adult contemporary.
For his present live shows he sings and plays keyboards, guitar and light percussion accompanying his own arrangements of pre-recorded orchestration. He has a vast repertoire of about 300 songs for performances in many different styles. Songs are performed in English, French, Italian, Spanish and Afrikaans. International hit covers include songs ranging from mellow, jazzy to rock and blues. Here is just a very brief few: Santana, Steppenwolf, The Doors, Sting, The Beatles, Bee Gees, Nat King Cole, Randy Crawford, Righteous Brothers, Charles Aznavour and many more.
Some past highlight performances include:
• Own compositions and performance featured on SABC2, in a series called Music from within.
• Houtstok Rock Festival – 1990. His band (2B2) has 2 songs on the Houtstok CD. He and his band toured with the bands of Anton Goosen and of Piet Botha on the Houtstok Tour
• Cast member of the musical Mame, which ran for 6 months and more than 200 performances in the then called Civic Theatre of Johannesburg.
• Choir member of the Wagner production of The Flying Dutchman in the State Theatre in Pretoria.
• Regular support artist in State Theatre – Musiek en Liriek productions
• Cabarets performed at several national arts festivals in Grahamstown; as well as other theatres.
• Numerous self-produced shows in many different genres.